All individuals must be pre-approved before driving a university car or van. If you have not been previously approved, you will need to provide a copy of your driver’s license along with a signed motor vehicle records check form to:
GUIDELINES FOR USING ALL TRAVEL VEHICLES
- The cost for a university van will be .52 per mile. (maximum capacity 11 passengers)
- The cost for a university car will be .40 per mile.
- There will be a $10.00 minimum charge per day for any University vehicle ( no matter how few miles you go).
- There will be a $40.00 charge if you reserve a vehicle and do not cancel (unless you call ahead of time).
- You should reserve a vehicle for the number of days you need it. If the vehicle is not back by 8:00 am the next day you will be charged the $10.00 minimum.
- If you have a vehicle reserved for use over the weekend, you must make arrangements to pick up at least the keys on Friday.
- If you return a vehicle and it is unusually dirty, you will be charged a detail fee of $50.00.
Additional travel guidelines are available on the Administrative Policies page.
UNIVERSITY CAR OR ENTERPRISE
In addition to a fleet of three university vehicles that are available to faculty and staff, the university has an arrangement with the local Enterprise office for discounted rates on vehicle rentals. Departments may choose the most economical method of travel – university car or Enterprise rental. A trip calculator is available to assist you in determining the most economical option. (The trip calculator must be completed and submitted along with any Enterprise invoices for car rental.)