Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
Ouachita Baptist University is committed to extending access and opportunity to those who have disabilities. To request modifications or accommodations due to a disabling condition, or for a copy of the University policy concerning modifications or accommodations, contact Dan Jarboe, University Counselor and ADA/504 Coordinator, in the Student Services Office. The office is located in Evans Student Center and the telephone number is 245-5591. You may email the University Counselor and ADA/504 Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covenant on Academic Honor
Students at Ouachita are obligated to uphold the Covenant on Academic Honor, which reads in part, “I will refrain from all forms of academic dishonesty, and I will act responsibly when confronted with the knowledge of such behavior.” For the possible consequences of any violation of this covenant, please see The Tiger Handbook.
Health & Safety Measures in Classrooms & Academic Buildings
Ouachita’s ability to offer in-person teaching and learning for Fall 2020 depends on the entire campus community following health and safety measures to reduce the risk of virus transmission. All students, faculty and staff have been asked to affirm a pledge, which can be found online at the following link: https://obu.edu/stories/news/COVID-19/pledge.php/
- In all classrooms and academic buildings, the university expects students, faculty and staff to practice appropriate safety precautions, including the following:
- Maintain recommended physical distance of six feet.
- Wear face coverings during class and inside campus buildings.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often.
- Avoid sharing or passing around objects that are not distributed by your instructor.
- Follow instructions for entering and leaving classrooms and for moving through academic buildings.
- Do not attend class if you are feeling ill, running a fever, displaying symptoms of COVID-19 infection, or have been placed in quarantine due to exposure.
Because any individual’s failure to take these precautions increases the risk for everyone on campus, students who do not follow these practices will be asked to leave the classroom immediately and, if the behavior continues, will be subject to involuntary withdrawal from the class or the university.